The Community Cats Program offers spay/neuter for feral and free roaming cats from San Francisco. Cats with guardians and cats slated for adoption or foster programs are not accepted. Because we require all cats going through this program to receive a rabies vaccination, cats must be at least 12 weeks of age. All cats receive a mandatory left ear tip.
- No appointment is needed for cats trapped in San Francisco City & County.
- Surgery drop offs are only from TUESDAY TO FRIDAY.
- for early drop off (9am to 10am) bring cats to the Feral Cat Program entrance at 220 Florida Street in a trap or front loading carrier. The 220 Florida entrance is only staffed during 9am to 10am.After early morning hours, drop-offs will be accepted between 10am-4pm,Tuesday to Friday at 201 Alabama Street, 2nd floor Spay/Neuter Clinic
- Short-term parking is available in the green zone. Look for the red sign and ring our bell.
- Surgery days will be dependent on clinic schedule and available space. Cats will be held until the next available surgery slot.
- Cats are ready to be picked up at 5pm the day they receive surgery, if you wish to recover at home.
- Alternatively, we can provide onsite recovery assistance and hold cats until the following day.
- For information about post-surgery care, please download Post-Surgery Care for Feral Cats (PDF)
Free, Mandatory Program Services
These services are mandatory and administered to all cats during the spay/neuter surgery, without exception. Services are free to feral and free roaming cats trapped in San Francisco. Donations are always appreciated and enable us to care for more cats.
Cats trapped outside of San Francisco are charged a nominal fee. Out of county surgery must be arranged in advance.
- Sterilization surgery (including a small tattoo applied to either side of the incision)
- Eartip of the left ear
- Rabies vaccination
- FVRCP vaccination
- Single dose of Revolution (for fleas, hookworm, roundworm, mange and ear mites). If flea infestation is noted, we administer Droncit for tapeworms.
- All cats in this program will be registered in our feral cat colony database.
These services are provided during the spay/neuter surgery ONLY. We do not provide re-vaccination and/or flea and deworming medication for cats that have already been spayed/neutered.
- Traps are rented by appointment only.
- Call us at 415.522.3539 to schedule an appointment to rent a trap.
- We require a refundable deposit of $60 per rental.
Need information about trapping? Read Trapping 101 - The Basics (PDF)